What we do fund
- Work with the primary objective of creating long-term change in society by addressing the causes of injustice and inequality.
- We focus on groups addressing issues that face a particular community that are led by that community (e.g. a group working on issues around sex work should be led by people with direct lived experience of sex work).
- We prioritise groups that struggle to get funding elsewhere, particularly if other funders might consider them to be "too radical".
- All types of non-profit organisations, including groups that are not formally registered.
- Read more in our values section
What we do not fund
- Groups not based in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England
- Traditional charities or charitable work which can access funding from elsewhere
- Groups that are primarily providing support or services to others
- Commercial or business activity
- Groups with an annual income over £20,000
- Groups that have several paid staff
- International issues or groups, unless their activity is in - and targeted at - the UK
- Political parties
- Groups whose aim is to promote religious ideas
- Groups that receive funding from mainstream sources, such as the National Lottery Community Fund or local council
- We are not currently accepting applications from individuals. We suggest that you find a few like-minded people and create a group for your project
- Groups which have been formed within 6 months of applying to Edge Fund, and/or cannot demonstrate 6 months of regular activity.
- If your group does not have an online presence, please expect to show us what you do, e.g. through social media, press releases, meeting minutes, photos etc.
Think you eligible?
Apply by the date mentioned in our funding round timeline. If you need help with the application, please contact us.
If you’re unsure about whether you fit the guidelines above, you might want to take a look at our previous grants.
You’re also welcome to contact us. Send us a few lines about your group and a link to your website (if you have one) by email [email protected]